Please read the following important information and submit all required materials before the deadline.
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Major in Computer Science or related discipline
- Incoming senior, or sophomore/junior with strong academic record
- Students from underrepresented groups(women, minorities, and persons with disabilities) and academic institutions with limited research opportunities especially welcome
- March 20, 2019: Application deadline
- April 10: Notification date
Once an offer of acceptance has been extended to an applicant, a confirmation must be received within one week of the offer date.
- May 28: REU program starting date
- August 2: REU program ending date
- $5,000 stipend
- Housing allowance and meals
- Travel reimbursement of up to $500 for non-UNT students
- All types of income are taxable.
- Completed online application: Online Application
- Mail/email one recommendation letter to Dr. Junhua Ding (Word, pdf)
- Mail/email a copy of the transcript from your current institution to Dr. Junhua Ding. If you're admitted for the summer program, you must have official transcripts from your current institution sent to Dr. Junhua Ding. These transcripts must be postmarked or electronically submitted on or before April 10, 2019.
Dr. Junhua DingATTN: REU Summer Program Department of Information Science
University of North Texas3940 North Elm, Suite E292G
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Phone: 940-565-2186Email: junhua.ding AT unt.edu Web: http://iia01.ci.unt.edu/IIA/REU/home.html
Follow the instructions in the application form to submit all required materials.